Phoenix and the fish tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I made a community guppy tank with guppies and a (docile) Betta fish. The tank is in my closet where I keep my geckos and other Betta, however this tank is right next to Phoenix's tank. Ever since I got the fish tank she will sit at the end of her tank and watch the fish.... here's some photos of the events of little Phoenix interacting with it.

View media item 61074Phoenix avidly watches the tank In curiosity, What could this be? She wonders.
View media item 61121I let Phoenix get a bit closer. She watches all the moving fish in awe.
View media item 61153My Betta fish, Hades, comes closer to inspect Phoenix. Phoenix doesn't know what to think of the colorful fish.
View media item 60702she decides she want to try and get closer to him, by surfing along the glass.
View media item 61032Hades decides to hide behind the heater. Might as well be warm AND safe.
View media item 60639View media item 61151Phoenix continues surfing the glasss like a lunatic and trying to eat these colorful things guarded by this odd invisible force field.
View media item 61121 Phoenix finally calms down and continues watching the fish.

View media item 60900View media item 61036 Hades decides to come out from hiding and display his beautiful fins for a bit. (Seriously I'm in love with his colors and fins).

And then Phoenix returns back to her tank.

(No beardies or fish were harmed in the making of this.)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Bearded dragons are all about heat and light, so windows are a thing -- especially in the summer, but not so much in the winter, more so here in Alaska where it's dark and cold most of the time at this time of year. We make up for it in the summer though. :)

If the fishtank has lights in it, I suppose that would make it even more interesting for a beardie.

adambeck

Hatchling Member
SHBailey":25nnv7e7 said:
And hello to Phoenix and Fifa from Puff and me. :D

Puff is getting older and not as curious as he used to be, so I don't know how he'd react to a fish tank, if at all. He does sometimes show some interest in the "ghost dragon in the glass" (his reflection). :wink:

Puff is probably amazed at how good looking the ghost creature looks :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I really don't know what he makes of it, but he doesn't seem to be afraid of it or aggressive toward it, except for the last time he went hormonal and blackbearded and headbobbed at it. Usually he just seems curious, like most beardies probably would be if they see something on the other side of glass. Cars going by out the window, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom