where to put cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopeH

Hi, i know this many be a stupid question but i was wanting to move my beardies cage out of my room and my parents want the cage to go in our guest room, i was wondering if it would be ok for her in a non social room, because no one hardly goes in there.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not put her in a room where hardly anyone goes into -- dragons are social creatures and like to see things going on around them
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are pretty curious creatures and seem to do better when they have the enrichment of being in an active room. If you do move her to a room that is mostly empty, I suggest taking her out for some interaction and window time etc. Maybe set up a portable basking area in that room so you can take her out to roam around and she can return the basking light when she wants to warm up.

HopeH

Original Poster
Ok, we put my beardie in the "gaming" room which a lot of people come and go, but we are still deciding if we like the cage there, so if we do move her into the guest room I'll make sure to get her out more and set up a portable basking spot. Thanks.

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie lives in the Children's Area of the library. It's a great spot, lots of kids come visit and I've noticed a lot of adults do too. We have one older guy who comes nearly every day to the library. First he donates to our "kindness" box -- it's like a tiny food pantry -- and then he gets a computer pass, then visits Charlie, and then uses the computer. It's too sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom