where to put cage

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

where to put cage

Postby HopeH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi, i know this many be a stupid question but i was wanting to move my beardies cage out of my room and my parents want the cage to go in our guest room, i was wondering if it would be ok for her in a non social room, because no one hardly goes in there.
HopeH
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: where to put cage

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:44 pm

I would not put her in a room where hardly anyone goes into -- dragons are social creatures and like to see things going on around them
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby HopeH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:44 pm

ok, thanks
HopeH
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:45 pm

They are pretty curious creatures and seem to do better when they have the enrichment of being in an active room. If you do move her to a room that is mostly empty, I suggest taking her out for some interaction and window time etc. Maybe set up a portable basking area in that room so you can take her out to roam around and she can return the basking light when she wants to warm up.
CooperDragon

Postby HopeH » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Ok, we put my beardie in the "gaming" room which a lot of people come and go, but we are still deciding if we like the cage there, so if we do move her into the guest room I'll make sure to get her out more and set up a portable basking spot. Thanks.
HopeH
Newbie Poster

Postby saraho » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Charlie lives in the Children's Area of the library. It's a great spot, lots of kids come visit and I've noticed a lot of adults do too. We have one older guy who comes nearly every day to the library. First he donates to our "kindness" box -- it's like a tiny food pantry -- and then he gets a computer pass, then visits Charlie, and then uses the computer. It's too sweet.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion