Yellow Fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I just adopted a beardie a little over a month ago. She is 4 years old. Unfortunately, she hasn't been taken care of in her life. She has an appropriately sized cage, but they had her in wet, feces-filled sand, and only fed her crickets, no veg. She only had one heat bulb for a large cage and no UVB. She also has yellow fungus.
I corrected her lighting situation, and she is now in tile. She has been to a vet for the yellow fungus, which is in the beginning stages.
She is doing very well I have her on betadine and she gets Lamisil on the yellow spots as well as Reptaid XL and CBD to help treat.
Last night she shed and ALL of the yellow fungus that remained came off! I can't find a bit of it left. I am very happy but I know it can still be inside as well so I have no plans to stop her treatments as they are actually working.
I appreciate your help, I am a first-time beardie momma, and I want to treat her right for the rest of her life!
I have her cage in 'hospital mode' but I was wondering if anyone knows when it's appropriate to give her a nice new setup? My vet said they knew nothing about that (I found an article online and decided to do it as an extra precaution)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a picture of the yellow fungus? It doesn't really just come off as it doesn't only affect the most topical layer of the skin, it most likely wasn't yellow fungus.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hopefully it wasn't Y.F. but please do post before + after pictures if you have them. I do want to say that I've seen beardies shed the first stages of Y.F. during treatment but it usually came back. I remember 1-2 that seemed to clear up though.

ChowdertheBeardie

Original Poster
I actually do not have a clear picture of her when she originally had it. Her scales were very thick and yellow, so the vet thought thats what it was. Most of the yelow disappeared before the shed, she had some on her belly in circles. My vet is admittedly not the best so maybe she is wrong? I lost my job due to covid so i couldnt afford the fungi test. She just told us what to do while i saved up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom