My dragon goes into hiding at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veltz

We have had our dragon for about 4 months now and he’s very active and loves to eat both crickets and vegetables. Until a week ago he would just sleep on his hammock up high until morning. Lately he goes under his long about an hour before the lights go out. Like I said he eats really well and as far as how he looks and acts are all good. Just wondering if it’s weird that he’s all of a sodden doing this? He crawls back out in the morning when it’s feeding time and stays out all day. I check and recheck the temps in his cage and all seem fine. Any info would be appreciated.
Peter

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds normal. Their sleep cycles seem to change a bit throughout the year, so if they want to sleep earlier than usual they tend to find a dark/cozy place to bunker down. If he is coming out for a bask in the morning and otherwise acting normally, then this isn't something to worry about.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom