Waving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown2353

Hello everyone so my gratin just hopped down his hanging object in his cage which I feel he’s biting more wondering the if I should take it out! But I have noticed periodically he waved at me.. maybe one a per 2 or so days! Today he’s been more looking at me and licking the air and when I spoke to my beardie it jump on it basking rock then waved and now gazing at me is this normal?! I just finished petting my beardie as well

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello there, in my experience. I got a baby beardie about a year ago, (female) and I also at the time had a male beardie. Whenever the male would see the female, he would bob his head asking for her approval. And in return, she would wave her arms very slowly at him showing her acceptance. In some cases, bearded dragons will wave at you in acceptance of your handling of them. However in other cases they could be telling you to back off, or just saying "your a bit too close!". If your dragon is holding his/her mouth open while waving it is probably scared of you and asking you to leave it alone. But it sounds like your dragon is fond of you! This shouldn't be a problem at all. Good luck with your dragon!

Abby

Brown2353

Original Poster
Thank you but my beardie does it randomly one time they did it. It was crawling on its hammock and did it without my beardie looking at me, I always talk to my beardie always go into its cage! I haven’t had none of my family around them as much besides my husband in the room so it can get use to me since I have dedicate myself to a new species.. but I watch everything and google it I think he will either get sick of me trying to spoil it before I get sick of it lol.. thank you I have been having a lot of coaching from Karrie on here which has been helping even with the set up

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Your welcome <3 it looks to me like your giving him/her plenty of attention and everything he/she needs. Do you have a background on the tank? if not, your beardie may be seeing a reflection of something that they think is either you, or it seeing itself and thinking its another dragon.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
FandODragons":1o9m5p0h said:
Hello there, in my experience. I got a baby beardie about a year ago, (female) and I also at the time had a male beardie. Whenever the male would see the female, he would bob his head asking for her approval. And in return, she would wave her arms very slowly at him showing her acceptance. In some cases, bearded dragons will wave at you in acceptance of your handling of them. However in other cases they could be telling you to back off, or just saying "your a bit too close!". If your dragon is holding his/her mouth open while waving it is probably scared of you and asking you to leave it alone. But it sounds like your dragon is fond of you! This shouldn't be a problem at all. Good luck with your dragon!

Abby

More likely your dragon is waving at it's own reflection , submitting to it.

This is much better than it aggressively headnodding and front foot stomping at it's reflection.

That said, I've had dragons who headnodded at me , I using have a bit of fun with them then and do a beardie arm wave op headnod back …. the look I get back is priceless like "eh !?? what " , "stupid hooman".

Brown2353

Original Poster
I have the background but I’m noticing it it from the side of the tank. Wondering if I so add the back ground to the sides as well

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Brown2353":ez9v3stf said:
I have the background but I’m noticing it it from the side of the tank. Wondering if I so add the back ground to the sides as well

Hello again :) Yes, its probably a good idea to do that. I actually just adopted a little 7 1/2" leatherback baby on Saturday, and once he saw his reflection he was waving a lot. I used a pretty wrapping paper for a cheap background and he's now stopped doing his little thing :D

Just because he's too cute
102727-6450650799.jpg
102727-5482472917.jpg
102727-7534868759.jpg

Brown2353

Original Poster
109856-816735290.jpg
I will try that today but that side is where he usually looks at me from
109856-1077053771.jpg
he’s always looking and staring at me lol.. I didn’t wanna block him lol

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari walked past a mirror 2 days ago and I thought she’d wave her arm like she did when she was a baby, but I was wrong.
Her tail flicked like a rattlesnake and she turned her beard black and got saliva all over my mirror from attacking it. She then puffed out her beard, stomped with her hand multiple times, head bobbed, and attacked the mirror again. I was like “maybe she will figure out it’s just her reflection,” but then she NYOOMED across my room and tried to hide while inflated like a balloon and I was like “Uh... that’s a mirror.” I have since removed my mirror because she is the boss of me and I can’t have her in panic mode thinking another beardie is in her domain. I also checked with a flashlight because I thought maybe she was a male from that display of dominance, but the base of her tail looked as empty as ever. She’s just really spoiled and now I know for sure that she can never be paired with a female. (My breeder said it’s possible for females to live together, but after Mari tried murdering her own reflection, it’s a solid no from me. ?)

Also Mari’s beard doesn’t get black, it just gets kinda blue. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom