Vet visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So it has been confirmed that it was in fact the medicine that has made him like this. It’s apparently happened to many, many other beardies... He’s doing much worse, but I’m trying to keep my hope up. I at least try to get him to drink water, but he barely takes any. He won’t eat anything, not even slurries. He’s lost so much weight and he’s extremely lethargic. He looks like he’s almost gone, but I’ll try to keep my hopes up and take care of him the best I can. Vet said we can only keep him comfortable and hydrated and hope for the best. He hasn’t thrown up blood in awhile, I believe that was due to the baby food. He’s lost so much weight. The exact same thing happened to two beardies around me, where they were given a dosage of these same dewormers without need. They both experienced the exact same symptoms and looked the exact same, which unfortunately resulted in their death. I really don’t want to lose him, so I’ll keep trying my hardest. Just thought I should keep everyone updated

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm sooooo sorry that it's gone this way. :( Did the original vet that gave those meds. admit that it was the cause or another vet or other owners with beardies that died ?

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1xvukkev said:
Oh no, I'm sooooo sorry that it's gone this way. :( Did the original vet that gave those meds. admit that it was the cause or another vet or other owners with beardies that died ?

I talked to many other beardie owners that have had this happen to them, and they have all experienced the same exact thing. I do have terrible news, my beardie has passed away. I am still trying to process things, but he has passed. He did experience all of the same symptoms as other beardies that have gone through this, with the extreme weight loss, diarrhea, extreme fatigue/weakness, and blackbearding. I wanted to trust the judgement of my vet, but I really believe it was the dewormers that did this to him. I miss him very much, and this is very hard for me, but he is in a better place now. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I wish this never happened in the first place, and I'm almost beating myself up for taking him to the vet. I know it's not my fault, I just wish there was something I could have done.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh man, I'm o so sorry. I think we knew this was going in a bad direction but what a sad time for you. This can happen with unqualified vets and is in no way your fault. My heart goes out to you. :(

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":uo8jfbgr said:
Oh man, I'm o so sorry. I think we knew this was going in a bad direction but what a sad time for you. This can happen with unqualified vets and is in no way your fault. My heart goes out to you. :(

Thank you so much for your kind words and all of your help, it was very needed. I knew he was going to go very soon, but as you said, it has still been very hard. I am very thankful for all of the help I have received on this site from the beginning to the end. Thank you all so much, I really am thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom