Vet visit

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: Vet visit

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 am

www.arav.org
Help to find a vet
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby beardiebaby19 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:17 am

So it has been confirmed that it was in fact the medicine that has made him like this. It’s apparently happened to many, many other beardies... He’s doing much worse, but I’m trying to keep my hope up. I at least try to get him to drink water, but he barely takes any. He won’t eat anything, not even slurries. He’s lost so much weight and he’s extremely lethargic. He looks like he’s almost gone, but I’ll try to keep my hopes up and take care of him the best I can. Vet said we can only keep him comfortable and hydrated and hope for the best. He hasn’t thrown up blood in awhile, I believe that was due to the baby food. He’s lost so much weight. The exact same thing happened to two beardies around me, where they were given a dosage of these same dewormers without need. They both experienced the exact same symptoms and looked the exact same, which unfortunately resulted in their death. I really don’t want to lose him, so I’ll keep trying my hardest. Just thought I should keep everyone updated
beardiebaby19
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:19 pm

:(
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby AHBD » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Oh no, I'm sooooo sorry that it's gone this way. :( Did the original vet that gave those meds. admit that it was the cause or another vet or other owners with beardies that died ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Health