Spirulina Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Has anyone ever used Spirulina? its a green powder some vendors sell. I got it from reptilianarts.com
Says its good to dust on bugs feed to your colony also has benefits for our birds. We have birds aswell so thought it would be a good buy don't know much about it but for the price and amount i figured wouldn't hurt to have around I've searched the internet and found one thing about it making the colors on someones beardie more vivid and vibrant so I'm excited to use but was hoping i could get some input i have her supplement down and want to know how to fit it in. Does anyone know of this product its a plant based protein I'm not sure something like that lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Spirulina is considered a "super food" & safe to give as a supplement to reptiles.
It is rich is nutrients, trace elements/minerals & has non purine sources of protein.
You can definitely use it several times per week if you would like, quite safely. Just
use a small pinch or scoop (1/8th of a teaspoon) on the greens/veggies or mixed in
with water for your dragon.

Tracie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thankyou Tracie! Good to know you gave me an amount and everything very helpful indeed. Are you a vet or something lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom