Yellow urine and diarrhoea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhi2603

My beardie has been struggling with food intake for about 6 months and I have taken her to the vets previously as she only wanted to eat wax worms despite everything else offered and put on a considerable amount of weight. I stopped giving her wax worms and offered her other bugs and lots of different veggies but refused to eat any of it. Every now and then I give her some wax worms but offer other food most of the time but she will refuse to eat and go weeks and weeks without anything. Today she had yellow urine and watery poo, she seems very stressed and always wanting out her tank and just not herself. Any ideas what could be causing this? And how I can get her to eat other things and stop wanting wax worms?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup a bit with us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting,
supplementation schedule, temperatures & other foods given?
It is difficult getting them to change their preferences. Will she eat any greens at all?
They become very picky if they eat one food that becomes their favorite & then don't
get that particular food much anymore. Eventually, she will eat but you can try getting
some phoenix/calcium worms, silkworms or hornworms to see if she will like any of those.
You can try just one at a time, then rotate them if she doesn't like one. Have you tried
any baby food such as chicken or turkey, mixed with squash? That might help to get her
appetite going.
How old is she? Has she ever laid any eggs?
Were the urates yellow like they would be if passing broken yolk from an egg?

Tracie

Rhi2603

Original Poster
Hi tracie,

Her UV light is : reptile systems 10% uvb output lamp 18w (reptile shop set this up for me originally).

She is two years and 3 months old. I always offer kale as it was her favourite (along with my other beardie) and other types of veg. I’ve tried her with meal worms, morio worms abs hoppers. She went weeks - months without eating when I refused to give her wax worms so I’m really stuck on what to do. If I give her only wax worms she will put on too much weight and if I don’t she will become very unwell because she will NOT eat anything.

The urate was the colour of a egg yolk and it looks like there’s some mucus mixed with the diarrhoea. Not long after this she ate some wax worms however I tried tricking her and switching to a differnt type of worm half way through but she instantly refused!

No she has never laid eggs and I hardly see her eat her greens apart from once a week ago she had a tiny bit of kale

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that is an interesting color. I am going out on a limb without seeing pictures, but it sounds
like she may have passed an egg that burst possibly. Do you have any pictures of her thus far?
The UVB light is a compact/coil light or a long fluorescent tube bulb? How far is it from her?
If she still wont eat & has lost weight, etc it would be a good idea to try & get some baby food to
feed to her to boost her nutrition right now. Try turkey or chicken baby food, along with squash or
sweet potato, too.
Is her beard normal colored or dark to black?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom