My babies tail is hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

LopieOpie

109881-8158906805.jpg

I got my bearded Elliott over a week ago. He does really well with everything and eating well with dusted greens, mealworms, and crickets. He shed a few days after getting him. Now his tail is injured. I put neosporin on his tail and he is acting normal. Is there something else I need to do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry your beardie had this accident. Did it get closed in the lid or something ? That end piece will fall off at some point but just watch for infection in that area. Hopefully it heals up O.K but he will lose the end.

LopieOpie

Original Poster
It had a kink in it since we bought him. He was in with a lot of other babies when we got him so not sure if one got him there or what. He hasn't had any issues here. Our enclosure we slide it open and he has never been near it here.. I have googled so much and worried about him getting an infection or it being tail rot.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's more of a break rather than a bite but could have happened at the store somehow. You could actually snip it right at the break with a sterile pair of scissors [ or at least washed with soap + water ]

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes , eventually it should but in the meantime it could get snagged on something and pull off. Either way it should be fine. A little snip is nothing, it's just hanging by a shred of skin and they don't feel much back there at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom