My bearded dragon won’t eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon,Teri, hasn’t eaten in about two weeks. I’ve tried to give her worms and Dubai roaches and she won’t touch them. I’ve given her salads and she won’t touch them. I’m getting concerned because it’s been a while. I don’t know what to do to make her eat or why she isn’t eating. Should I not be concerned is she fine and just going through a phase?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
In order to see if its indeed brumation please go over your lighting in the tank
basking temps? and how are you taking them?
UVB ? brand and bulb coil or tube and where in the tank is it?
Karrie

ajpollnow18

Original Poster
She has a day light that reaches about 110 but she never goes under it. Her uvb light is like her day light but smaller, it’s right next her day light. Then a little bit to the right is her night light and it can each up to 100 some nights. She has a 55 gal it’s tall and long.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your tank is way to warm at nite temps should be in the 70's but not below 65- please post a pic of the UVB
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please review your tank setup with us a little more, such as the type/brand of UVB light,
supplementation & feeding information & if possible, a few pictures of your dragon along
with the tank setup, too.

Tracie

ajpollnow18

Original Poster
Teri eats super worms and sometimes Dubai roaches. We give her salads of spinach and carrots and blueberries. I am currently not at home to take a picture of the tank or beardie but I can say what she eats.

ajpollnow18

Original Poster
107308-8403633502.jpg
107308-4665890248.jpg
107308-7890747064.jpg

This is her cage and inside of uvb. She is laying on her log on the wrong side but that is normal later in the day cause she goes to bed early. So she is used to laying there under her night light. The uvb light is on the very far left.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
it is important that they get too cool off at night. You want night time temps between 70-77 that's a good range. Are you using a Ceramic heat emitter (CHE) or a light for night time? because the night light will mess up their sleeping patterns. Much like us they have sleep patterns and they need the dark to have healthy brain functions through out the night. Actually some cool articles on this online from new studies I've been reading up on. That uvb is probably not working for her either, its winter so they are not eating as much as usuall as is. for some people, mine is eating less. But if the uvb is no bueno they wont digest and absorb nutrients or may even lose energy and stop eating. I would go with a tube fixture and a tube uvb inside of tank and see if that helps. Low quality bulb and through that screen is no good I'm sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of the coil UVB and replace w / this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 22" of which they are out of stock--- please try and find one and replace ASAP -- this is one reason your dragon is not eating also if there are colored bulbs being used please get rid of that as well --- your dragon has not been getting adequate UVB -- she needs this to absorb calcium and the colored bulb is disturbing her sleep and can cause long term eye damage -- you only need extra heat if your tank is dropping below 65 at nite -- dragons like it cool and dark-- also you need a digital probe thermometer to get accurate basking temps -- I only see a stick on they are inaccurate
Karrie

ajpollnow18

Original Poster
Ok i will talk to my dad about getting the new uvb and I will take away the red night light. Should I take away the lid to the cage? It is a pretty tall cage and there is nothing that she can climb to get out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need correct basking temps --- they should be 95-110--- no hotter and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - you can get them at Petco or Pet Smart for like $8 -- leave the lid for now -- let me know what you get for the UVB --- T 5's and T 8's have different distance requirements -- I do recommend the 24" fixture tho for the size of the tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom