Closes eyes while near cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown2353

Original Poster
109856-7228124370.jpg
? sorry still learning just got him a week now and you have been a great help it’s been a lot for my beardie but even when I do go into his cage multiple times to try and arrange it to the comfort of it. It don’t trip! I’m hoping I can catch everything now than later with light fixtures and all thanks

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hey there! So, your tank looks okay, but your going to want to put your hammock a bit higher so your dragon can get close enough to the heat. You want to use a heat gun to check the temps directly on the basking site, and you will want it to be around 100-108F. So, take a look at the bulb on your UVB fixture, is there a plastic covering over the bulb? If so, you will need to remove that. As well as hang your UVB light UNDER the screen of your tank so that your dragon can get about 6-8" from the bulb. What are you feeding your dragon daily? You are going to want to get a few more hammocks and pieces of decor so that you can arrange them so your dragon can get close enough to the basking light as he/she wants. (i.e 6" in one spot, to maybe 9" close to the bulb in another spot. Hope you get this all sorted out! And good luck with your baby :) .

Abby

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Beardies tend to close their eyes to make something simply no longer exist to them. Mari does it when I hold a vegetable she doesn’t like or want up to her. She thinks it’s not there if she can’t see it. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom