Closes eyes while near cage

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Closes eyes while near cage

Postby Brown2353 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:38 am

Hi Karrie a little confused on what your saying can you reply to your do please
Brown2353
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Brown2353 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:58 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
😢 sorry still learning just got him a week now and you have been a great help it’s been a lot for my beardie but even when I do go into his cage multiple times to try and arrange it to the comfort of it. It don’t trip! I’m hoping I can catch everything now than later with light fixtures and all thanks
Brown2353
Newbie Poster

Postby FandODragons » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:44 am

Hey there! So, your tank looks okay, but your going to want to put your hammock a bit higher so your dragon can get close enough to the heat. You want to use a heat gun to check the temps directly on the basking site, and you will want it to be around 100-108F. So, take a look at the bulb on your UVB fixture, is there a plastic covering over the bulb? If so, you will need to remove that. As well as hang your UVB light UNDER the screen of your tank so that your dragon can get about 6-8" from the bulb. What are you feeding your dragon daily? You are going to want to get a few more hammocks and pieces of decor so that you can arrange them so your dragon can get close enough to the basking light as he/she wants. (i.e 6" in one spot, to maybe 9" close to the bulb in another spot. Hope you get this all sorted out! And good luck with your baby :) .

Abby
SLAVE To 2 bearded dragons(Opal) and (Zayde)7 chickens (Goldie, Phil, Rose, Mable, Sweetie, Goldie and Aunt.B)2 dogs (Luna and Willow)

In loving memory of: Felix the Bearded Dragon, Daisy the Rat Terrier, Violet, Pooky, Sunny, and Henny the chickens,And Bub, my beloved 6 year old goldfish. R.I.P.<3

FandODragons
Hatchling Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:01 pm

Beardies tend to close their eyes to make something simply no longer exist to them. Mari does it when I hold a vegetable she doesn’t like or want up to her. She thinks it’s not there if she can’t see it. 😂
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion