Suddenly Pudgy Baby Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamataKun

My baby beardie, Ichi, suddenly seems so fat today.

He pooped a normal looking poop this morning, so I know he's not constipated or impacted. He ate today, just less insects than usual. He gets salad in the morning, BSFs at lunchtime, and dubias at dinner. He left quite a bit of leftover BSFs today, which is a bit odd, but his salad is pretty much gone lol. He drank a couple of water drops from his syringe, but overall wasn't too interested in drinking. Here's a picture I took of him on his cool-side hammock as it's almost bed-time in an hour.

109362-7598489425.jpg

Look at that belly!! Is it normal for baby beardies to look fat while they're growing, especially so suddenly? Set-up is a 20L tank with a Reptisun T5 10.0 in the reflective reptisun hood on top of the screen. Basking spot 6" away. Paper towel substrate. Hot spot is 110F on a dimmer lamp, 75 watt bulb. Humidity 36%.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The screen is a fine mesh screen or a wide holed screen -- make a difference in placement and distance
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so it can sit on top w/ a distance of 8-10 inches w/ decor piece directly underneath
Karrie

KamataKun

Original Poster
Okie, I'll prop the hood up a few inches to give the proper distance.

Oh, and he shed his tail a couple days ago. I dunno if that is relevant to his sudden chubbiness, but I feel I should give every bit of information just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom