Bearded Dragon Unknown Issue, Throwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyani

I have this bearded dragon, he has been constipated for more than 2 months and otherwise acting normal and eating and drinking, just no pooping. His tank temp is 105 in the hot spot and 80 in the colder side, I have a ceramic heater for the night time to keep around 80. I needed the help of the vet to see if we could help him poop but nothing worked but massing his stomach and medicine, he was likely impacted. Now we’ve gotten most of it out, but he’s been black from his chin to his chest and it’s been a week. His eyes are looking down and mostly closed and he’s acting lethargic and no appetite. His back is arching and he’s breathing very heavy. He’s also been throwing up water for the last couple of days.
https://ibb.co/S3QNn63

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon isn't doing well, he appears very critical. What type of services did the
vet do for him? What type of medicine was he on?
Can you review the tank setup more with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, what type
of thermometer you are using, the foods being fed, etc?
What could have impacted him, are you using a loose substrate such as sand or wood chips?
It is possible he could have a respiratory infection, but he appears very dehydrated. Are you
able to get any foods or fluids into him at all? If you can, try to get some sweet potato or squash
baby food into him a couple of times a day for some nutritional support. Try to keep him a bit
warmer in his tank overnight, to help boost his immune system, too. Usually, around 75-80 is a
good range.
If you feel he is impacted, we need to figure out what the cause of that would be. For now, you
can add some canned pumpkin, a few drops of coconut or olive oil in with some sugar free
applesauce daily to help with impaction.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom