floor temp not ambient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
so i keep my hot side between 102 and 110 it varies when my thermostat for the house gets messed with. However i need to know when the basking rock at its surface is too hot? what is to hot and will burn my babies belly? Is 105-110 to hot on the ground?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The important temp is the basking surface temp, not the floor temp. For a youngin you want the basking surface temp to be around 105.

-Brandon

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
thankyou for your reply Brandon, yeah i got you bud. I didn't mean like the floor around the cage i meant the basking surface temp. what is too hot on the basking surface for her belly? she likes it hot hot lol and sometimes i worry because I've been told they can burn there bellies and not know better

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh ok! :)

Once you get over 110-115 id say you start getting into risky territory. So we like to recommend nothing over 110.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom