ThanksGiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I thought it might be fund to start a new thread for ThanksGiving...
For example, I am thankful for my sweet little cuddle-lizard, Puff the "magic" (bearded) dragon. :love5:

I am also grateful for my wonderful husband, who does almost all of the hard work that goes into taking care of Puff, including bathing and feeding him, as well as taking care of his little entourage of live roaches, crickets, etc. -- Ever since I burned out due to chronic depression and couldn't do it anymore, 6 years ago now :cry: . Because of my husband, we are still able to keep Puff. It's not fair to my husband because he does almost all the hard work and I get almost all the cuddles, :oops: but I'm thankful that my husband is willing and able to do what he does.

And I'm grateful that we have not one but two excellent reptile vets who have managed to help Puff pull through several near-death experiences with adenovirus. and that he is still with us and apparently not suffering at this time. :)

Anyone else want to chime in and tell us what you're grateful for this ThanksGiving?

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
I'm thankful I went to my local reptile store on impulse and was able to take home a troubled dragon no one wanted.

I'm thankful I didn't listen to the new person who worked at the store who seemed like she was more interested in trying to talk me out of adopting Volcano because he's too aggressive.

I'm thankful for the 15 other people who passed on adopting him so that he was there for me to take home.

I'm also thankful for moment's like this:
107595-4275613818.jpg
A roof over my head, a comfy bed, TV to watch, and chilling with my buddy (un-tamable my arse)

I'm also thankful for everyone here for all the advise and support for me and Volcano.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I'm thankful for this forum, which has helped me raise my Figment to be a happy, healthy yearling dragon. I'm thankful for this lack of drama on the forum, and all the wonderful people I've virtually met here as well!

I'm thankful for all my pets, including my Figment, who bring me so much joy every day. I'm grateful for the help my son has given in taking care of Figment for his Boy Scouts merit badge, and for my grocery-shopping hubby who makes sure Figment gets the greens and veggies that he needs... and who gave me my Zen for my birthday this year!

I'm thankful for my students, who love having Figment as a virtual class pet, and have been inspired to want reptiles of their own.

I'm thankful that there are such things as bearded dragons out there - giving pet keeping such a lovely scope for imagination!

I'm thankful for Puff's mom for starting this thread. A gratitude post is always a good thing! :)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beautiful blessings, both of you -- even more stuff to be thankful for. Love the photo of the "un-tamable" beardie. :love5:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great post everyone, thanks!
I am thankful for my wonderful husband who is always so supportive of me. I honestly don't
deserve him, he is so good to me.
I am busy baking, too so I am thankful to be able to do that!

Happy Thankgiving everyone to you & your family & dragons.

Tracie

saraho

Hatchling Member
I thankful to work in a job where I can spend time with wonderful children and encourage the greatest hobby of all -- reading. I'm thankful that my boss is very open minded and allowed me to adopt Charlie as an education animal. Charlie has become a great connection point with patrons of all ages here at the library, but he's also become my baby. When work is overwhelming me, I can step away to check his temps, or take him for a walk. It's like magic.

I'm also thankful for my life in general. A great family. I home to live in. Food to eat. Friends to enjoy it with. And virtual friends to share my love of dragons with. Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom