Bearded dragon poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwhizzo

Hi is my bearded dragons poo normal I have attached some photos. He is 4 and 1/4 years old his poo is squishy and when he poos water comes out as well. His poo doesn’t smell bad

Do you think he might have parasites because he haven’t been eating much recently

Thanks Elliot
107556-3646582482.jpg
107556-2380707437.jpg
107556-9963583573.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that a little excess water is coming out with it. That indicates good hydration. Sometimes they are a bit messy. That isn't necessarily a sign of a problem. Could be related to diet or just general digestion issues if temporary. Older dragons don't need to eat a ton of food, so eating less isn't necessarily a problem as long as there aren't other signs of issue like lethargic behavior or weight loss. It's good to have a fecal sample checked for parasites at routine vet visits, but if there aren't any other signs of trouble, I wouldn't go out of the way for a check and just wait for an annual wellness visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom