New Beardie Acting Weird Possibly Shedding Habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hpearcy

Hello, I recently got a 4-6 month old dragon from a reptile sanctuary and Ive had her for a week. She was de wormed by the vet at the sanctuary and all medically checked out. I have a 20 gallon but just got a 55 gallon I'm moving her into tomorrow. She has a zoo med 10.0 UVB light and ceramic heat emitter. She has been eating and pooping amazingly and playing/ running around. Tonight after her little run around I put her in her tank and she did a kind of C shaped movement that looked like a seizure maybe but was very weird. Then she laid on the log I have on the cool side of the tank very quickly which is unusual. She has also been basking fine and gaping like normal. I have bathed her and spritzed her with water and she is hydrated. I just am nervous if it is actually a seizure or just because she is shedding that she needed to itch somewhere. She also is trying to sleep in cooler areas but I turn her heat off at night and it is 70-80. Is she just acting off because of shedding? Sorry I know this is everywhere I just have been freaking out as a new owner and want her to live the best life possible. Please help!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
More detailed information on the lighting and heat would be useful.

Is the Zoo med bulb this 10.0 light? -> https://zoomed.com/t5-ho-reptisun-10-0-uvb/ With a reflector hood? Enough UVB is important for health and behavior as you know. It takes a long florescent tube light bulb to create enough UVB. Only a few in the market make enough UVB for bearded dragons.

How hot is the day time basking spot?

Hpearcy

Original Poster
I have that 10.0 reptisun and a reflector good, she seems to be doing much better in her 55 gallon tank. Her basking spot is between 105-110 F and cool side is 80-85F. Her appetite is great and poop as well and she’s been playful so I think it was the tank upgrade that was needed! Plus she did a full body shed so since she finished that she seems to feel better. Thank you for the reply!

Cazz

Was the"C shape" movement with a front leg? If it was, it was a wave. They do this to acknowledge a presence in the room. It's a kind of submissive gesture. A hi I mean you no harm, don't harm me gesture. It's normal in the beginning and should subside as the beardie acclimates to its surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom