Tip of of spikey scale looks broken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George20

109828-7291977787.jpg
109828-2069382975.jpg

Does this look like something I should be concerned about , just noticed that the spikey scale had been damaged ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That does look damaged. I'd keep an eye on it but not worry about it too much. It's possible that it will return to normal after the next shed. As long as the damage doesn't start looking worse or start affecting the areas around that spike (indicating possible infection of some kind), then I don't think it will cause much issue.

George20

Original Poster
Thank you for replying , I’ll keep an eye on it as suggested , I’m guessing he knocked it yesterday after we put him back in his clean Viv !! He goes a bit crazy after we have cleaned it out !!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a possibility. If it's just a bit of damage from bumping into something, it's likely to just heal up or at least not get any worse over time. Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom