Lights On or Off During Naptime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie, about 6 months old, has started napping in the afternoon. He recently got a much larger terrarium so he spends most of his mornings running around, which I'm sure wears him out!

I'm wondering if I should turn his light off while he naps. I am worried that doing so might throw off his schedule or light cycle, but I know that sleeping while the light is on is difficult.

Just not sure. Any and all responses are appreciated! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lights need to be on 12 hrs and off 12 hrs -- when he naps does he nap under his basking light--? that is normal for them to do that
Karrie

missbrightside

Original Poster
I had a feeling I should keep the lights on, just wanted to double check. He does nap under his basking light. I'm relieved to know that this is normal! As a new mama, I can be quite a worrywart.

Thank you very much for the help! :)

Cazz

As long as you provide a place to get out of the light, your beardie will be fine. They know when to get out of the light and when they need the light. Think of it like this, does the sun go out in the wild when they nap? I do however shorten my light cycle to 10 on and 14 off in the winter time and reverse those times during the warmer months to more closely mimic seasonal changes but 12 and 12 is fine. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom