poop looks strange

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

poop looks strange

Postby setphdragon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:31 pm

our lizard is two years old, and lately, his appetite has decreased, though we have heard that it was normal for their appetite to slow down as he gets older. Though we started to get concerned when his poop came out strange at first it was normal poop but then it started to sort of mold it grew fuzzy, then earlier this week when he pooped it came out sort of in a sack-like it had a covering, then it molded again. That is all that has happened so far, please if you know wants wrong, please help us we don't have any reptile clinics near us so we have to know wants wrong before we try to go somewhere.
setphdragon
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: poop looks strange

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Are you removing his waste after he poos? It shouldn't stay in the tank long enough to allow for mold or fungus to grow on it.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby setphdragon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Claudiusx wrote:Are you removing his waste after he poos? It shouldn't stay in the tank long enough to allow for mold or fungus to grow on it.

-Brandon
we don't remove the poop right after but both poops he took are only a day old and normally that doesn't happen
setphdragon
Newbie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:50 pm

I agree, it is odd for the poo to have a growth even if left for days. For now though it would be best to remove it right away. It wouldn't hurt to do a deep cleaning of your entire enclosure. I doubt it is something wrong with your dragon, more likely something wrong with the environment.

Do you have a picture of the poo? If not, try to get a picture next time.
And one of your enclosure too.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER