!!Beardie won’t eat but active!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had my beardie for a month now. He’s always been a strong eater, but lately he barely eats. He just got done with a shed about a week ago. At first I thought the loss of appetite was from the shed but now I have no earthly idea. He’s eating maybe 10-15 dubias a day for the past couple days and eats maybe a nibble of a radish leaf or bell pepper. I just bought some calci worms, meal worms, and horn worms in hopes that maybe some variety would help. He’s still being a brat. He is very very active though. I did notice a few hours ago he released some extra fluid so I think I’ve been giving him too many baths. He won’t drink water so I give him a bath once a day but I think I’ll cut that back to once every other day now. Today is the least he’s eaten so far. 4 dubias, 1 meal worm, and 1 cricket that i had left, but he might eat more tonight. I’m wondering if he’s missing the crickets since I now feed him mainly dubias and he started on a cricket diet, but I hate crickets and have bought 1,000 roaches for him to eat. Idk if it’s pickiness or if it’s because he over hydrated. I just need some advice please. Also I know it’s not the tank. I’ve made sure to have everything checked out to make sure the setup is right but I’ll add a picture just for reference. 10.0 uvb reptisun inside the tank. And temps 82 on the cool side, 112 on the basking side. Please help!!
109626-4714872018.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How are you taking the basking temps--? I dont see any type of gauge-- please lay off the baths - they dont need a bath every day -- dragons are desert creatures - unless he is only getting water thru bathing I would give him one every 10 days or so --- does he normally eat salads you can rinse your salads before serving and that would give him hydration -- how old is the dragon? And your UVB is a T 5 or a T 8 bulb?
Karrie

QueenB6153

Original Poster
Thank you for replying so fast. He ate about 6 more dubias between my post and now. I’m actually at petsmart getting crickets in hopes that he just misses them. Spoiled. I have a few temp probes, 3 on the hot side and 1 on the cool side just because I was worried that the temp was what it was. So everything is good there. Also baths are the only way. He won’t drink water no matter what I do I’ve tried literally everything. But I will definitely lay off the baths. Are we thinking every other day or once every two/three days? He doesn’t eat hardly any greens right now but he’s a baby. I got him from petsmart and have had him about a month. From nose to tip of tail he’s about 8 inches. He’ll eat a few nibbles of something here or there but he’s more interested in meat right now. And as for the uvb light I’ve placed the hammock about 6/7 inches below the uvb light because it is the t8.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok no cover over the fixture and no screen either correct? T 8's cannot go thru the screen --- get him on salads now -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- you might want to get some BSFL to put on his salads and use the crickets too disable them by taking a back leg off and put them in a bowl that insects and worms cant get out of -- feed salads first thing in the morning -- add the BSFL in front of him they make great salad toppers feed as many as you want and do not dust them -
Karrie

QueenB6153

Original Poster
Right there’s no cover it’s inside of the tank. And I use to put salads in his tank but the only way he’ll eat is if I hand feed and it’s only a few bites before he gives me the stink eye. Even the bugs he’s only gone down a few times. I think I’ve got him spoiled into thinking he’ll always get hand fed. He usually waits for me to hand feed but I can try making him eat out of the bowl with a mix of roaches and greens. I don’t think I can pull the legs off the crickets that’s really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom