Vet visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He LOVES it. Keeps going to his water bowl. Wondering if maybe the diarrhea from his medicine dehydrated him so badly it caused him to stress. We’ll see if drinking helps. I’ll keep a very close eye on him, but it seems like he’s already doing much better.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, great ! It's good to take the bowl out for the rest of the day ,just in case he gets TOO much or it goes down the wrong way . Sometimes when the guzzle too quickly it can come back up. Then tomorrow you can put it back in and see if he'll take some more.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that the honey helped. I agree, raw unpasteurized honey helps everything basically lol!

Calorie dense too so hopefully it gives him some energy.

- Brandon

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alarming news. Got home and there appeared to be blood everywhere in his tank. I have absolutely no idea what could have caused this. There’s no cuts anywhere in his skin, and his vent area did not have any blood. I cant tell if it’s diarrhea with blood or just straight blood. I’ve tried looking in his mouth, and I can’t see any blood. I don’t know where this could have come from. I’ll post pictures before I clean everything up. He was starting to feel better and drink more water, and now I am really worried about him. He seems perfectly fine otherwise though and still has energy. Just seems to be black bearding and doesn’t look happy. Is internal bleeding as a result of something major? Somethings definitely up but I don’t even know where to begin.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
106687-6689768219.jpg
This is a picture of the pool of blood that I found. It was right by his water bowl (removed because it also had just a bit of blood in it). Thinking the blood might have come from his mouth. There is a tiny bit of blood surrounding his lips, but it wasn’t too much. Any help is appreciated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If it was on his lips then he must have regurgitated. What color is the Oxbow supplement , was it possibly that ?

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":mqck3bg8 said:
If it was on his lips then he must have regurgitated. What color is the Oxbow supplement , was it possibly that ?
Unfortunately the Oxbow supplement hasn’t come in the mail yet. Still waiting on it, so it can’t be that. The probiotics are orange, but they aren’t that dark. None of the other products I have given him (baby food, pedialyte, etc.) have been that color. I picked it up with a q-tip and it smells like blood and is somewhat thick, but as of right now I see no reason as to why he would have bled that much. I have looked in his mouth and there doesn’t seem to be any blood or any signs of mouth rot or anything else that could have caused this. I have cleaned up all of the blood from him and his tank, and he’s definitely still very active. I just really don’t know what this could be. He’s still blackbearding and obviously very uncomfortable.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It might be a small amount of blood mixed with water baby food, etc that caused this color diarhea. If it happens again see about getting an xray or blood test. Do you have a good vet now ?

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Still unsure. Haven’t been able to visit them, as the “best” closest one is now 3 hours away. Going to give them a call. Theyre my only other option right now, as I’ve tried the other few vets in the area. I’ll see what they say, the least I can do is call and see.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Quick update for this morning. He did actually poop this morning, and it was completely healthy with no signs of blood in it. I think the blood yesterday may have been a regurgitation, as there was a bit by his mouth and absolutely nothing on his belly or vent. I took a look in his mouth multiple times, and there’s no signs of mouth rot, so it’s not bleeding gums or teeth. I don’t know why he would regurgitate blood, but that’s what I have to go with for now. I’ll call the vet now and see what they think we should do.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Another update.. His conditions only seem to worsen. He was starting to get some energy back, though his fat pads were still depleting and losing weight. I left a water bowl in his tank while also providing water/pedialyte/probiotics through a syringe. He got most of his water this way. I am doing my best to keep him hydrated, but it seems as if his eyes keep sinking. His eyes are severely sunken in. It seems like he should be getting more than enough water, though. Another issue, he vomited blood again. I saw it this time, so I can confirm it was vomit, as he went through the gagging and throwing his head around routine. It was not as much this time, but still enough to worry about. Should I begin to consider cancer or any liver issues? He is not overweight, and never has been. I don't feel any masses in his belly, but that does not mean that there is nothing there. He started blackbearding immediately after he vomited and went to sleep after I cleaned everything up. This morning, he woke up and walked around a bit, even going to his water bowl to drink a bit. He looks very weak and unwell, but he's not blackbearding at the moment. After he drank a bit of water, he went to his basking spot and started to sleep. He is looking terrible, and I'm really starting to worry about him. I'm trying to work out a vet appointment, I'll just have to drive a few hours away sometime. Right now the vet is only open a couple of hours, which conflict with my work schedule. I am considering returning to the previous vet, only to have xray and tests done so that I can determine what should be done then. I know what to look for in the xrays and the blood tests, and I can always just call another vet to see what they make of the results. Thanks for everyone's help up to this moment. I really appreciate it. Hoping he starts to feel better very soon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh I'm sorry to hear this, it does sound serious. :( I agree that xrays + blood test are needed ASAP. I wish it could be something simple, I know you're really worried about your baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom