Brownish around mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
I think they said they got some of the stuff around her mouth off so it looks better she seems a little more lively not completely but a little more she's walking around more and yeah they gave me that and some kind of liquid to put on her mouth 3 times a day.

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
I'm having a hard time getting her to eat that stuff. she probably ate .3 mls if it they said to give her .8 and the rest was just over her mouth do you think it's because she didn't eat for a couple days that she might not be hungry? She basically pooped water maybe a little bit of it solid all over my hand when I was trying to do it to

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She may not like the taste, or eating may be bothering her if she has wounds or swelling/irritation around the mouth. You might try mixing in a little bit of honey to improve the taste and see if that helps.

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
That's a good idea I was thinking it was she didn't like the taste and I didn't know what to do about it. She loved the honey I'll try that! Thank you!

Faith331

Did anyone give you advice on how to get her mouth open?

I've seen people say you can gently grab their beard to open their mouths or use a toothpick and gently push on the middle of their mouth (at the tip)

Here's to hoping she gets better. Babies temps can be as high as 110-115F btw. Adults are usually 95-100F, but each beardie will have a preference

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
I'm still struggling with it because even if I hold her head she will still turn it or even make her way through my hand when I'm holding her

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
Could I try putting critical care on crickets or superworms? Because I'm still struggling to get her to eat the whole .5 mls even with honey

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
I've tried basically everything from adding honey when I mix it to dropping it on her nose to putting in on her lips and then honey over top to trying to put the syringe in her mouth and moving it to the front I tried finding a smaller syringe and I couldn't I went to petco, dollar tree and rite aid. She just won't eat it but I dropped a superworm in to see if she'd even attempt it and I've never seen her move so fast and ate it right away

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is she eating anything at all now? Why did the vet put her on the CC? Do you have anyone to help you feed her?
Karrie

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
She completely refuses it no matter which way I give it to her and someone did try helping and he got upset because he thought he hurt her because she kept escaping until he held her tight than when we put her down she would not move at all we thought she was dead. And I'm guessing it was either because she had a mouth infection at the same time or because they also had to give her a vitamin shot too

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In some situations (I limit it until necessary because it can be stressful) I will wrap them in a towel burrito style so their arms and legs are held down. I hold them with one hand and then with them facing me I use my thumb to slide the skin of their beard down (toward their chest) which can (eventually - be careful but steady) bring their jaw down to open their mouth using friction. Then with the other hand you can syringe feed them. They will squirm and hate it, but in my experience forgive and forget quickly.

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
I tried burritoing her she just pooped on it than squirmed around until she could get out than ran away ? she really hates everything about it. I think the syringe might be too big for her mouth when I was looking for a new one at petco it was about the size of a birds syringe it looked like and she's only 6 months old. Do you think it could be the size of the syringe making it hard and scaring her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can try your vets office and get it from them they are closer and you wont haft to order one
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom