Toothless says hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a bearded dragon named Toothless and he is about 18 months old. He loves to go outside and on car rides or sometimes he just loves to run around the house. His favorite food is collard greens with a couple of sliced blueberries. I was wondering, how many hours should he be under his light? I want him to get all of his nutrients but I also want him to be able to run around.
(also i have no idea how to place an image, so can somebody please explain that?)
109724-6214854247.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! It's great that he enjoys car rides and running around the house. That provides helpful enrichment for them. It's also good that he enjoys his greens. At his age, he can eat mostly greens and veges. I'd offer as much variety as you can to make sure that he is getting the nutrients he needs.
He probably doesn't need a ton of time under his lights. Usually an hour or two in the morning to warm up at a minimum. You can set up a portable light or two outside of his tank so he can return to it and warm up when he's out and about. I have a setup that uses a regular halogen bulb for heat and one that is a mercury vapor bulb to provide UVB. My guy rotates between them as he sees fit and is free roaming for most of the day.

You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and then post the photos to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

adambeck

Hatchling Member
Toothless is so cute with his friend :D Tell him Fifa (our bearded dragon) and I say hi!
Welcome to the forum!

bossdragon

Original Poster
Ok I will! I asked for a bearded dragon and my parents gave me the stuffed animal as a joke instead lol

adambeck

Hatchling Member
bossdragon":1scfdpa7 said:
Ok I will! I asked for a bearded dragon and my parents gave me the stuffed animal as a joke instead lol

Well, at least now you have a real (and cuter, in Fifa's opinion) bearded dragon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom