Summer vs Winter Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
109589-1442176518.jpg
109589-7661409075.jpg
I am wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for keeping their beardies active/stimulated during the colder times of year? We live in Pennsylvania and Dexter has spent the past several months getting to play outside multiple days a week. Now that the weather is turning we've been trying to get her some time cruising around the house (always supervised), but any thoughts or ideas would be very appreciated!
109589-1507887952.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Does she like to roam around the house ? Some beardies like to climb up a cat perch near a window , not too high up or having pillows all around it on the floor.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah time in the window is almost universally popular with them. I have a dog bed set up for Darwin along one of the windows and he will sit there for hours looking outside. I also have several basking lamps set up around the house so he can free roam and stop to warm up when he wants to. That works well if it's safe to do so at your house.

Sunlightkat

Original Poster
She does like to explore the house somewhat; our main concern there is our cats, and she's not that great on climbing, due to her back feet being a bit malformed, so window spots are mostly out. I may be investing in a playpen type setup for her soon :) I just feel bad she's missing her outside time.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I have this concern with Charlie as well. He got to go outside almost every day off the week during summer and early fall, but now the weather just isn't agreeing with that plan. I'm in South Dakota. I have been trying to get him out for "play" in the library, but I'm noticing he's slowing down. He seems to want to play for a few minutes, but then finds a corner to go to sleep in. I'd suspect brumation behavior except that he is in a high traffic area of the library and is very popular with children and adults alike.

Can you get Dexter out and just hang out with her on the floor? I do that with Charlie. It seems to prolong the time before he goes to find a napping spot. I figure it's good for our bonding anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom