basking or hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i recently got a beardie (sunday)
he has been going on his hide and laying like this very often
109718-7110084309.jpg
is this him basking (there’s a window next to his hide) or hiding, since he likes to hide in crevices. also, if it’s hiding, if he gets used to me, will he stop doing it?

khaotickalling

Original Poster
destiny1998":284j9uc0 said:
Hi. What size tank are you using? What kinds of lights ? Brands? Also how are you taking temps?

20 gal, two of those dome heat lights and i’m gonna get a rod light soon, exo terra for the ceramic lamps, and a thermometer (which we will also replace)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
PLEASE NO RED BULBS!! Dragons have very sensitive eyes and colored bulbs can cause long term eye damage--- please post a pic of the lighting ---- NO Coil UVB's please - and basking temps need to be 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer--- hes hiding -- they do not bask like what he is doing -- please go over the tank set up
Karrie

khaotickalling

Original Poster
KarrieRee":12vmfcch said:
PLEASE NO RED BULBS!! Dragons have very sensitive eyes and colored bulbs can cause long term eye damage--- please post a pic of the lighting ---- NO Coil UVB's please - and basking temps need to be 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer--- hes hiding -- they do not bask like what he is doing -- please go over the tank set up
Karrie

i’m pretty sure all of my lights are white light
109718-345742736.jpg
the coil will be replaced asap, we’ve wanted to replace it for a couple days now. i think my moms payday is tomorrow
109718-1642825404.jpg
109718-5593365179.jpg
he’s kinda just sitting on top now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get a 24" fixture if you can find one --- it will be the best one to get as you are gonna haft to upgrade that tank to a 50 gallon or better I recommend a 75-120 gallon and the 24" fixture will go right into a bigger tank - you may haft to order on line I was just looking at my go to places and they are still out of the 24" fixtures --- try Amazon or Ebay - Ebay was the most reasonable for Zoo Med - you can use the 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the 24" fixture for now -- it would need to be a certain distance and placement --- please tell me what you get so I can help you w/ the placement of the fixture -- the basking temps and the UVB are the most important thing in that tank -- it controls the over all health of the dragon -- the fixture I found on Ebay was around $46
Karrie

khaotickalling

Original Poster
do zika fixtures fit reptisun bulbs? it’s 30 dollars cheaper and my mom needs money for all the other stuff for the week

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes --- what are you getting? I need to know so I can help you place the fixture -- certain bulbs have distance and placement for the tank
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can get the Zilla fixture replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb its a better bulb than the Zilla bulb it comes w/ --- leave the clear plastic cover off the bulb -- if there is a screen on the 20 gallon tank the fixture can sit width wise on the tank -- you dont want any obstruction -- the UVB can sit on top of the tank and get a piece of decor and set it directly under the UVB 6-8 inches -- you can butt your screen up to the UVB fixture so the basking light and UVB are on one end of the tank -- but you want that UVB w/ NO obstruction - the T 8 is not strong enough to go thru the screen
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom