EAR INFECTION HELP (spinning in circles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today My bd has been showing signs of discomfort with his ear, he keeps going in circles with his head tilted side to side scratching his ear. I seen that baytril Is the best for infections but not sure how soon I’ll be able to get it.

Any things I can do at the moment to make him more comfortable ??

MNEXUS

Sub-Adult Member
Hii. i have seen some of mine show ear discomfort if they are or have had shedding issue in their ear./ i only mention this because of course we want to make sure we are doing the right thing. how old is your dragon and how long has this been happening ? Baytril i believe is used for infections , like URI.s and may be what you need but can you look in the ear and see if there is any incomplete shed or has this started happening since his or her last shed? i do not recommend sticking anything kn their ear or anything.... do they have a place that they can get to that warm to bask easily? do they just stay there where it is warm or do they move from there. ? If they just stay at their basking spot do we know the actual temperature there? I have purchased Baytril online, but i really hate to give any of my pets any medicine or chemicals unless it is absolutely necessary and needed. Baytril if used , i would also recommend a probiotic, not that i am a vet only a herp enthusiast. So . how long have you owned your beardie , what's their setup and how long has this been happening , and what is your Beradies name ? :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has your dragon had these balance issues?
Do you know what the humidity in his tank or the room is? You can try adding a humidifier
to the room to help out. Wintertime usually dries out the room & their tank environment &
sometimes contributes to balance problems.
Is he exhibiting any signs of illness other than the circles, such as lack of appetite, black or
darker than normal beard?
You can also boost his nighttime temperatures to a range of 75-80 in case he has an infection
or is developing one. Baytril is usually a good antibiotic for general infections.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates on your dragon for us, has he improved at all?
Let us know how he is doing, we hope that he is getting better.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom