Two Weeks, No Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I’m wondering about my Figment ... he hasn’t pooped in over two weeks. I admit that I haven’t been soaking him, but he almost never poops in a bath (meaning once in the year and a half I’ve had him). He is not showing any unusual signs of stress - he always seems to have light stress marks on his belly, so that’s nothing new - and is eating a bit (though he now refuses dubias- I’m giving him some supers and mealworms every other day, and will rotate crickets back in, though I hate them). His activity level is low, but that is also not abnormal- I thought he might be getting ready to brumate, since in the past two months he’s had three bouts of two to three day sleeping, but he hasn’t conked out. Weight is slightly down from his August vet visit, but not worryingly down. Should I be worrying? Is a vet visit in order? How can you tell if a beardie is impacted or constipated?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is not uncommon for them to go long periods of time w/ out pooping --- has he showed signs of trying to poop but straining --- make sure hes hydrated and I would lay off the meal worms- you can try giving him some canned pumpkin baby food squash or baby food prunes unsweetened applesauce w/ a couple of drops of olive oil to see if that makes him go --
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":50ji95hl said:
It is not uncommon for them to go long periods of time w/ out pooping --- has he showed signs of trying to poop but straining --- make sure hes hydrated and I would lay off the meal worms- you can try giving him some canned pumpkin baby food squash or baby food prunes unsweetened applesauce w/ a couple of drops of olive oil to see if that makes him go --
Karrie

No straining, but I’ll definitely lay off the mealworms and pick up some of the baby food you recommended. I bet he’ll enjoy that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom