Brownish around mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for the pics Naomi. So what is your baby's name ? Sorry if I missed it , I've been on a couple threads just now. How long has she had the stain , the answer is important so try to recall. I'm afraid that it looks like mouth rot which at this stage is very serious and can only be treated by a vet. They would put her on antibiotics and try to clean her mouth. Her temps. need be about 105 in the basking area and 80 at the cool end. So your temps. are way too low in the basking area which will compromise the immune system. You don't need a new set up right now but a stronger uvb like Karrie mentioned, attach it under the screen like this using wire.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full

You also need to put another heat bulb in the dual dome to replace the coil uvb , that way the heat can be increased. You did a nice job with the decor and I know you love your baby.

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
Her name's melanie we mainly just call her lizard but it's probably been around for about 1 month, 2 months max. It doesn't seem like it hurts her when it's touched. I did just buy her a bigger tank and a new strip lighting fixture which should be here tomorrow or the next day

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Melanie is a nice name. :) Sadly she's really sick right now, can you find a good reptile vet ? There is almost no chance of recovery without a good experienced reptile vet and the infection will become systemic and deadly. For now don't change her to a new tank, just put the new uvb strip light inside of this one and add extra heat like I mentioned. Find a good vet though, it's super important. You can rub some unpasteurized [ raw ] honey on it for now as Drache613 suggested. It's an antimicrobial. Just be sure there are no loose crickets hiding in the tank, they will definitely come out at night and bite on her wounds.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're trying to get her help now, so that's good ! It's O.K if the bulb takes 2 days to come in and yes they like the taste of the honey. Something else to put on her mouth now is betadine watered down to the color of iced tea. Betadine can be bought at most drug stores or Walmart, aka povidone iodine.

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
Also I'm waiting for the breeder to text me back to give me a recommendation for a good vet where I live if I can't get an appointment later today or tomorrow morning should I do this every day until then?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Try using the honey in the day and the watered down betadine at night before lights out. And either water is fine. And that's good that the breeder is helping you find a vet ! You can do the treatment until then.

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your help and advice! I didn't know what to do and I get nervous because sometimes the breeder will take a day or 2 to get back to me but he always does he got recommended to me through a friend but I would just be so heartbroken if anything happened to her I want to cry thinking about it? but I owe you one for helping me and her and being honest!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know, anyone would be scared and that's because you care about your baby. I really feel for you. :( If she's still eating and not in pain then hopefully the inside of her mouth is not affected much and some antibiotics might kick this infection . Best wishes for a recovery ! There are good people here to help like the mods, [ Drache613, Cooperdragon + Claudius ] as well as Karrie and I'm sure wer'e all pulling for Melanie !

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
You're all the best! I just realized she's rubbing her face against the log in her tank is this because of the honey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom