Only brumated for 2 days?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My beardie (who is about 3 years old now) has been acting really strange.. 2 days ago my beardie went in his cave, which he usually does most days but then goes back to his basking spot after a few hours, but this time he didn’t go back to his basking spot and stayed there for 2 whole days. I assumed he was beginning to brumate, especially because he wasn’t eating a lot days prior, so I turned off his lights and left him alone. Yesterday he came out of his cave and returned to his basking spot? He had stress lines as well. What’s wrong with him?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hes probably stressed that his sun and heat are turned off lol. Sounds like he got cold and wanted to bask.

You've never wanted to hide under the covers for 2 days and then go back to normal? Haha :D

Sounds like he probably wasn't brumating, just in a mood.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Figment (1 year old) has been doing that off and on since early October, though I don't turn off his lights... I'm wondering about it, too. His appetite isn't what it used to be, and he hasn't pooped in two weeks. Otherwise, he's totally normal!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Mine are doing the same - Hiccup has been in and out of his cave for a while now in for 2 days comes out bask then goes back in sleeps for two days off and on -- I have just run the lights as normal
Karrie

spookyfaces

Original Poster
Claudiusx":1mmyjz20 said:
Hes probably stressed that his sun and heat are turned off lol. Sounds like he got cold and wanted to bask.

You've never wanted to hide under the covers for 2 days and then go back to normal? Haha :D

Sounds like he probably wasn't brumating, just in a mood.

Personally not really unless i’m feeling sick myself lol, but I gave him a bath then he pooped normally and seemed like he was back to his old self. Just gonna keep observing him for now. Thanks for the response!

spookyfaces

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2y89oa5j said:
Mine are doing the same - Hiccup has been in and out of his cave for a while now in for 2 days comes out bask then goes back in sleeps for two days off and on -- I have just run the lights as normal
Karrie

Glad to know i’m not the only one. Beardies can be so unusual lol

spookyfaces

Original Poster
ComicBookMama":2aw5mvdt said:
Figment (1 year old) has been doing that off and on since early October, though I don't turn off his lights... I'm wondering about it, too. His appetite isn't what it used to be, and he hasn't pooped in two weeks. Otherwise, he's totally normal!

Same here! I’ve been having to give him belly massages to get him to poop the last few times. But there are no signs of impaction. Mojo seemed to be doing better today though, so i’ll just see how he is these next few days for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom