Please help!!!! Baby bearded dragon failure to thrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes that will work and add a drop or two of olive oil- it will help push things thru if she is impacted-
See if she will eat / lick it off a spoon or you may haft to feed w/ syringe - very slowly so she does not aspirate it
Karrie

hhurley79

Original Poster
Thank you all for your knowledge and guidance. I brought her to the vet in hopes they can help me save her, they did everything they could (I think) and unfortunately she died on my way home from the vet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am so sorry to hear about your baby- what did they do at the vet?
Karrie

hhurley79

Original Poster
They gave me critical care to feed her, but she passed before we got home. They also gave subcutaneous fluids to hydrate her and tested her for parasites which came back negative.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry you lost your baby, how awful! I hope that the vet didn't do something
to have caused this. Did they give any shots or injections while she was there?
I am sorry for your loss. :cry:

Tracie

hhurley79

Original Poster
As far as I know all the vet did was give her fluids under the skin. When I left the vet she was alive but when I got home (about a 30 min drive) she was gone. I talked to a bearded dragon breeder who has been trying to help me save her. When I told her Phoenix had bubbles in her mouth and it was able open she suspects the vet gave her to many fluids which she regurgitated and drowned on. How do I prove that tho? I feel like I killed her because I told the vet to give her fluids if she needs them. Now she’s gone. My heart is broken.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry, I know how difficult loss is & then blaming yourself. No it is not your fault at all!
If the vet just gave subcutaneous fluids then that probably is not the cause. Did he give any
oral fluids at all, or very little?
She wouldn't have choked on fluids that were given subcutaneously. Perhaps it was just too
much on her system, I am not sure.
Try not to fault yourself, you did everything you could. She was ill when you got her so she
likely had some issues before you got her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom