Gone for a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Hello,

I need an opinion or 2. On Saturday I will be going to visit my daughter who lives 3 hours away. I will be leaving around 7am, I usually don’t turn on Gobis lights till 8. My mom will be coming to care for my dog but she rather not have to feed Gobi roaches or worms. So here’s my question: should I turn on his lights a couple hours early so he can get warm and I can feed him his roaches before I leave (I will also leave worms in his feed dish) or should I put his worms in a dish and his salad and have my mom come over and turn his lights on at 8. I will be back before his lights need to go off. I will just be gone for a day, I just haven’t left him before for a whole day. If my mom turns his lights on at 8 he won’t get roaches (which are his fav)

So any advice on what I should do would be helpful. Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would just buy a 5 dollar 24 hour timer so you can stop worrying about turning on and off his lights yourself.

As for feeding, he will be perfectly fine without food for a day. You can leave him a salad if you want. Or if you have an escape proof bowl for worms or dubia, you can just put it in the tank too and let him eat at it when he wants.

Either way, a day is nothing to worry about.
But you should get a timer for your lights. Makes life much easier.

-Brandon

Slawson

Original Poster
I don’t mind doing the lights, it’s never an issue until this day coming up. My main question was if I should turn him on early so we can do our routine in the morning. I forgot to mention he’s about 3 months old.
109334-1279336075.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well my point was it doesn't matter. Its up to you. He will be fine for a day without food, he will be fine if you turn on lights early to feed him, and he will be fine if you put the food in his tank and turn his lights on at normal time.

Whatever makes you feel comfortable. Either way won't have any major affect on him. :)

Personally, I'd just do the day without food. I do this on purpose sometimes for my dragons.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom