NEW 5 MONTH OLD BEARDIE NEEDING HELP**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone my name is Spyro and my owners need a helping hand

We are new to owning a Beardie and need some help with the Viv, as you can see what it currently looks like we firstly got told from the shop we bought him from to use Ground Walnut shell but after research this was a bad option, we have since put newspaper in but would like a good replacement which is aesthetically pleasing and clean, does anyone know the best for this and if so could you please attach the link?

Secondly what is the best options for food at this age because he has eaten a few crickets but none of his veg (naughty boy my Mum would tell me off) please let us know

Also if anyone has any more tips or improvements we can make please let us know
109682-2715727831.jpg
109682-2576632519.jpg

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
I use tile floor ! Just regular tile flooring from a hardware store cut to fit the viv. Just look for something textured so it’s easy to walk on. Slate is good for their nails. Very easy to clean !

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The lighting looks like it could use some adjustment / decor pieces- what are you using for a UVB brand and bulb-- distance and placement play a key role here --- also basking temps what are they and are you taking them w/ a digital probe thermometer? A few crickets is not enough - I would get some BSFL and add them to the salads in front of him --- but the lighting in the tank needs to be correct before he will eat ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom