Not interested in Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just make sure you have or get a piece of decor that that can sit directly under it- if you can move the basking bulb and UVB side by side- you can always put the UVB width wise-- as well it does not haft to be length wise-- what ever works for you
Karrie

Fayster

Original Poster
Hi Karrie,
Our bearded dragon is doing a lot better. His appetite is definitely back but not for his veggies. Any suggestions on how to get him to eat them?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Use your worms to lure him to the salad bowl - add those worms to his salad -- see if you can entice him to eat some even if hes only eating a little bit your getting him to eat some -- make sure you rinse the greens before serving so if he eats it he will get hydration too -- use those phoenix worms they are small -- make sure you use a glass or ceramic bowl so the worms cant get out and try putting the roaches in their too they may not stay but you can use those phoenix worms-- try some super worms too like 1-3 make sure he sees you adding them to the bowl do it catches his attention and do it first thing in the morning or at first feeding
Karrie

Fayster

Original Poster
Hi Karrie,

Basil has been doing better. Noticed today that he started what it looks like a sneeze..do bearded dragons do that..should we be concerned?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
When he sneezed did have any mucous or water type stuff coming out of his nose or mouth? Is he breathing hard or wheezing? Is he opening his mouth for breathing - not the normal gaping
Karrie

Fayster

Original Poster
No nothing like that...it was just a simple sneeze I guess..but he did it a number of times..right now the sneezing has stopped for the last 15 minutes and is lying down in his terrarium. He seems ok..Will be giving him dinner soon..we'll see how he is..are those the signs to look out for if something respiratory is going on?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't know if sneezing is - coughing is along w/ the other things I asked
Karrie

Fayster

Original Poster
Hi Karrie,

Wanted to ask you about brumation. Basil seems these last couple of days more sleepy, is not interested in eating as much, not very active..could these simply be signs of brumation? Nothing in his terrarium has changed other than the location of it but that was a couple of weeks ago. We are planning on taking to the vet to make sure nothing else is going on tomorrow...but could it simply be brumation?

faye

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Its that time of year they all slow down --- at 8 months old he could be doing the semi brumation - it is not uncommon for them to slow on eating and activity level -- relocation could have something to do w/ it as well --- I would get a weight on him keep track of it and if hes losing a lot of weight then I would take him in then --- its good to know the weight so it will show signs of illness -- if hes eating a little and still basking and pooping he should be fine -- make sure hes hydrated as well --
Karrie

Fayster

Original Poster
Thank you Karrie..he's actually closer to a year I think. As far as pooping, he got into the habit of pooping outside..now that it's cold I am wondering if that will be a problem...should we recreate like a grassy indoors? do bearded dragons go outside in the cold?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No outside unless it's 65+ degrees and if its that cool out you want it sunny and not for too long- you can always bathe him to see if he will poop in the bath- it is not uncommon for them not to poop for long periods of time-- if his eating is slowing down so will the poops- mine are only pooping every couple of weeks-- just make sure it's good poop-- formed white urate- dark formed- no chalky dried out looking urate-
Karrie

Fayster

Original Poster
Hi Karrie,

We are actually upgrading Basil's terrarium to a 120 gallon..his last home. It's 4 x 2 x 2. Just wanted to check on the lighting. The Basking light is still 150 watts what would the UVb light be, 36 inches long?and being that it's taller, is there anything that we need to do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
36" fixture is fine-- I use a 24" in mine w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 at the moment I did have the Arcadia 12% it needs to go inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
Karrie

Fayster

Original Poster
Karrie...I have the 24 inch Reptisun 10.0 T 5 right now in his current terrarium..If I can use the same one for the bigger terrarium I would prefer to do that..You also have 120 gallon with the 24 inch Reptisun and it's enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom