Sunken Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, My Beardie Norbert has sunken eyes. I know that probably means he’s dehydrated, but I need ideas on how to get him water. He hates baths, and he won’t drink out of his water bowl. If you guys have any ideas please tell me.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of Norbert--- you can rinse his salads before serving - what does his poop look like? Is the urate dry and chalky looking?
Karrie

NorbertTheBeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1fqjv9g9 said:
Please post a pic of Norbert--- you can rinse his salads before serving - what does his poop look like? Is the urate dry and chalky looking?
Karrie

Oh that’s a good idea, don’t know why I thought of that.
Yeah his urate is dry and chalky looking, it crushed easily. Also, sorry for asking this but how do I post a picture here, this is the first time I’ve tried too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --- try dropping water on his nose to see if he will lick -- you can also syringe feed but you must do it very slowly so he does not aspirate - go in on the side of his mouth and slowly administer - let him swallow what you put in - then add more
Karrie

NorbertTheBeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3dd7tigw said:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --- try dropping water on his nose to see if he will lick -- you can also syringe feed but you must do it very slowly so he does not aspirate - go in on the side of his mouth and slowly administer - let him swallow what you put in - then add more
Karrie
107775-2660190277.jpg
107775-6029321733.jpg
There is his urate and himself, I tried to do that and he licked it when he was little but now he just lets it run down.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is the pic fresh or was it sitting in the tank under the basking lights for a while ? Try feeding the salads rinsed and see if it makes a difference -
Karrie

NorbertTheBeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ep8iqybs said:
Is the pic fresh or was it sitting in the tank under the basking lights for a while ? Try feeding the salads rinsed and see if it makes a difference -
Karrie
I took the picture a few minutes ago. He already ate his salad today, but I will rinse his tomorrow and give you results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom