Sunken Eyes

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Sunken Eyes

Postby NorbertTheBeard » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:05 am

Hi, My Beardie Norbert has sunken eyes. I know that probably means he’s dehydrated, but I need ideas on how to get him water. He hates baths, and he won’t drink out of his water bowl. If you guys have any ideas please tell me.
NorbertTheBeard
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Sunken Eyes

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:58 am

Please post a pic of Norbert--- you can rinse his salads before serving - what does his poop look like? Is the urate dry and chalky looking?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby NorbertTheBeard » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:16 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Please post a pic of Norbert--- you can rinse his salads before serving - what does his poop look like? Is the urate dry and chalky looking?
Karrie

Oh that’s a good idea, don’t know why I thought of that.
Yeah his urate is dry and chalky looking, it crushed easily. Also, sorry for asking this but how do I post a picture here, this is the first time I’ve tried too.
NorbertTheBeard
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:20 pm

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --- try dropping water on his nose to see if he will lick -- you can also syringe feed but you must do it very slowly so he does not aspirate - go in on the side of his mouth and slowly administer - let him swallow what you put in - then add more
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby NorbertTheBeard » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:29 pm

KarrieRee wrote:https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --- try dropping water on his nose to see if he will lick -- you can also syringe feed but you must do it very slowly so he does not aspirate - go in on the side of his mouth and slowly administer - let him swallow what you put in - then add more
Karrie
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

There is his urate and himself, I tried to do that and he licked it when he was little but now he just lets it run down.
NorbertTheBeard
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:32 pm

Is the pic fresh or was it sitting in the tank under the basking lights for a while ? Try feeding the salads rinsed and see if it makes a difference -
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby NorbertTheBeard » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:37 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Is the pic fresh or was it sitting in the tank under the basking lights for a while ? Try feeding the salads rinsed and see if it makes a difference -
Karrie

I took the picture a few minutes ago. He already ate his salad today, but I will rinse his tomorrow and give you results.
NorbertTheBeard
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health