Skipper's Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
2 for $10 is a good deal for those and they are decent bulbs. They will also have a burn in time so let one run for a few days and then measure the temps from it. If you can raise it up using an adjustable lamp stand you can fine tune the output a bit.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks yet again.

I've been using the 100w version of that bulb, but just recently skipper has decided she likes a cooler basking spot. Not sure why she changed her mind after 8 years :lol:

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Duh! She's wanted a cooler spot ever since I put the tile in. Makes perfect sense. I'll get a weaker basking bulb in tomorrow and post an update.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I believe so. I can only measure ambient temps with the cheap stick on thermometer, but it is reading higher than before the tile. (I figure that the thermometer is at least consistent. it reads correctly for my kitchen temp)

The slate also retains some heat overnight.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
I'll keep that in mind also while I'm in the midst of this upgrade ^_^ instead of buying bigger bulbs I'll keep what I have and check it first. I wish Maggie's hammock retained some warmth...

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello hoomans. I haven't updated in a while. But I have some big news. I'm getting a little brother this weekend. He's gonna be a snake. Some people are afraid, but I think he's really cute.

Ps: hooman has been excited about spring break. But, I don't thinks this is the type he was talking about. I told him that collar bones are supposed to stay attached to shoulders. He refuses to listen.

89112-5175706837.jpg

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks to all who helped and advised me along the way. Skippers life was better for it.

Unfortunately, skipper passed away today just a couple months short of 11 years old. She will be missed greatly. I’ll lay her to rest on her beardie bed. Picture spam incoming.

The vet thought her sudden slowing may be do to kidney failure at old age... Skipper passed before the blood tests came back.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Skipper7":2k1o6woe said:
Thanks to all who helped and advised me along the way. Skippers life was better for it.

Unfortunately, skipper passed away today just a couple months short of 11 years old. She will be missed greatly. I’ll lay her to rest on her beardie bed. Picture spam incoming.

The vet thought her sudden slowing may be do to kidney failure at old age... Skipper passed before the blood tests came back.
Oh, so sorry for your loss! Nearly 11 is pretty good, though, and she was clearly loved. Did you end up getting her the baby brother snake? Do you still have him?

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I never got a snake brother. It was impractical as I was headed off to college. I know it’s been a while but some nights I just really miss skipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom