Feeders are too big this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my usual subscription for dubias for my 8ish month old beardie came in but they sent me 1 inch roaches instead of the 5/8 inch ones he usually eats. I am afraid they are too big for him but I don't have access to alternate options, and his next box of roaches will not arrive until monday. Should I feed them to him anyway or will they be too large for him and impact him?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may be able to chew them down without an issue since he's several months old. Might be OK to just try them one at a time and observe how he handles them. If he can chew them well, it shouldn't be a problem.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he is a good chewer, it should be ok. If not, I'd reach back out to the company for them to make it right.

Posting a picture of the dubia next to the dragon will help us too in telling you if it's too risky.

-Brandon

MrSpike

I've had some bigger ones too. I've found that if I feed them to him, he will rip it in half, then eat the other half when he's done chewing. It's kinda gross when the green goo comes out of them though :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom