Power Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz24

Hello! So where I live there’s a power outage and it’s estimated to come back on Wednesday. The joys of SoCal with the winds and fires currently. And it’s cold right now so I don’t know what to do for my beardie and his heat lamp and uvb lamp. I’m freaking out cuz I don’t want him to get sick or anything.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry that you're in that situation ! How old /what size is your dragon and what are the temps. day + night ? An adult is fine for a couple days if it doesn't go below 62 at night, they'll just sleep as during brumation. Can you get a computer battery back up and a heat mat or electric blanket ? Or some hot hands heat packs ? Those have to be activated, they warm up to 140-150, then wrapped in newspaper + put in a box or small plastic tote or covered pet carrier. Don't feed beardie while it's cold. It should be fine.

Buzz24

Original Poster
He’s 3 and approx 20 inches right now it’s 66 degrees and at night it drops to 48 degrees. My sister let me know that his tank dropped to 70 not too long ago. I can get my hands on the electric blanket and hand warmers! So he’ll be okay without the UVB for a couple days?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes they can go for a couple weeks without uvb as adults as long as they're healthy . During brumation mine and others go without uvb for several months.

dezismom

Juvie Member
I have used a clean waer or soda bottle, fill with hot tap water, or heat water on a gas stove. make sure top is not leaking. Wrap in thin non terry towel (that wont snag nails) and place with beardie in a small container, purse, or pet carrier to conserve heat. Or...just stick him on you, under your shirt, and enjoy some snuggle time! yay! The hand warmers are a great suggestion; just wrap well, and check often to prevent burning skin. I keep a square clean plastic pedialyte bottle for travel. They are square and will not roll around. They seldom leak, but I duct tape lid to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom