Bearded dragon won’t eat calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just recently posted about my baby dragon not eating, but I am excited to say he is starting to eat good now! I was thinking it was relocation stress, and maybe it was at first, but I don’t think it’s that anymore. He refuses to eat when I dust his food with calcium powder, I’ve tried doing it wet and everything, but if he gets one taste of it he refuses to eat. So this morning I gave him crickets with no dusting and he gobbled them all up. So I’m thinking he’s a very picky eater. I’ve seen where there is a strawberry-banana flavored calcium so I was thinking of trying that, but is there anything else I can try if that doesn’t work? He’s a baby so he really should be getting more calcium than he is. Sorry to bombard with worrying questions, I’m just a stressed out beardie momma right now, I want him to be as happy and healthy and he can possibly be.

Something that may work is getting wet calcium powder and smearing it on his mouth, he'll lick it off and you can just repeat that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom