Unformed Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6 month old bearded dragon Gus has had unformed poop for about 2 weeks now. He poops every couple of days which, from my understanding, is pretty standard. His appetite, basking behaviors, and sleep schedule is completely normal. When I take him out for enrichment and bonding time, he explores normally, doesn't hide or run away, and seems energetic and normal.

I'm not too concerned (unless I should be) because I know he doesn't show any other symptoms of bad health, but I'm wondering if this is something I should get looked at anyways. I'm also curious if there are any home remedies or other things I can try to get his poop back to normal.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
If they eat a lot of greens that can happen as well. If you're worried you can have a fecal test done but it's not that uncommon for a dragon that eats a lot of greens.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
What is he eating? When Figment eats a lot of dubias, his poo would be more of a "mound" than a "log" and I was told this was perfectly fine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Check basking temps------ w/ a digital probe thermometer and the UVB --- should be a long fixture NO coils
Karrie

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
fcooper":7u12dise said:
If they eat a lot of greens that can happen as well. If you're worried you can have a fecal test done but it's not that uncommon for a dragon that eats a lot of greens.

Silkworms too, apparently, if you either feed a bunch or feed jumbos. I notice Ardie always has a (very wet) mound instead of a neat log if I give him lots of silkworms (or 2-3 super huge ones). :lol:

I guess basically, what are you feeding him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom