missing skin, swelling, strange dead skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamakel

hey guys,

I got a female beardie 3 days ago, as I’m trying to mate my 3 years old Scar (male). I just finished her viv, but today she seems in a bad mood as she had her beard sides black. she was eating, she’s active, but she seems she is lacking skin around her rectum and also had a possible dead skin? it can’t move, it seems “glued” to her bones. My male’s skin in that area moves quite a bit.

today she started pooping and I noticed that she only eliminates water and nothing else. got her in a 30 mins bath and she was drinking water.

1h ago she started pooping again and almost eliminated the poop (I helped her with my fingers), but it was really rocky and kinda got stuck, but managed to pull it out gently and gave her a bath again, she again drunk water.

could anyone tell me what is that black skin? here in my city there are not many reptile experienced vets, well, there is none. I’m trying to see in another city if it is an urgent call.

Thanks!
92132-8515409194.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, first off it seems exciting to possibly breed beardies but right now your female should be quarantined . She does not look of good weight at all, plus you don't know if she has parasites or disease . Right now give her a 10 minute warm soak and use a toothbrush to gently scrub that area. Post some full body pics of her, pics of her set up and please keep her separate from your male. Don't even use the same equipment for them at all right now. Give her canned pumpkin as a laxative or baby food squash, prunes or sweet potato.

Iamakel

Original Poster
thank you for the reply. now she’s in the glass viv until I receive my lightning for the homemade wood viv.
92132-8076181700.jpg

they haven’t met, my male doesn’t know that she exists. she seems that she was fat but lost weight, and looks that she has some skin excess from the previous weight.
temporary viv is 104x70x50 cm with repti glo 10.0 bulb (my 10.0 neon is on its way) with ceramic heat bulb and another heat exoterra bulb.

I tried to brush off that “dirt” but it won’t come off. like I said, it seems glued to her, mostly like a dead skin as it is very hard at touch and the skin in that area doesn’t move at all, kinda stuck.

should I worry about the white flesh showing in the first post picture? she is missing some skin there and her rectum is all swollen..

thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The rectum is swollen because she was impacted and the feces was stuck there , had a very hard stool that you said you helped her to pass. She may have more, so it's really great that she's drinking a lot but get one of the natural stool softening foods that I mentioned and go easy on the bugs you give her, definitely avoid any large ones. For the stuck shed you can put raw unpasteurized honey there as well as her swollen vent. Just be 100 % sure there are no loose insects in the tank. So you have a good long tube uvb coming ? I don't know the " neon " brand you mentioned. You will do best with a Reptisun 10.0 t5 for good uvb. How are you measuring the temps. in the tank ?

Iamakel

Original Poster
yes, by neon I meant long tube. it’s an exo terra repti glo 10.0. I have my male since the beginning of 2017 and he’s doing good with these long tubes. couldn’t find any Reptisun or Arcadia 12 here in my country, seems that Exo Terra is the only brand here. I will put honey on her vent and also give her some sweet potato as it is the only one I have available right now. I usually feed my male 2-3 times a week with Cinerea bugs, but I will keep her on veggies this week until she recovers.
I measure the temp in the viv, 34-36 in the hot spot and like 25-26C in the cold side.

thank you a lot for the advice, I thought she may be prolapsed or worse.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good ! I've used the Exo Terra 10.0 long tube as well. I also meant to say that if you have a loose substrate that will be a problem right now so it's best to have her on a bare floor or paper towels while you have the honey or any ointment on it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely try the raw, unpasteurized honey, that should help out for the swelling. The softer
foods will help her system since she has had some impaction troubles. I hope she is feeling
better soon, it takes some time for their body to recover.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom