Unformed Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6 month old bearded dragon Gus has had unformed poop for about 2 weeks now. He poops every couple of days which, from my understanding, is pretty standard. His appetite, basking behaviors, and sleep schedule is completely normal. When I take him out for enrichment and bonding time, he explores normally, doesn't hide or run away, and seems energetic and normal.

I'm not too concerned (unless I should be) because I know he doesn't show any other symptoms of bad health, but I'm wondering if this is something I should get looked at anyways. I'm also curious if there are any home remedies or other things I can try to get his poop back to normal.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
If they eat a lot of greens that can happen as well. If you're worried you can have a fecal test done but it's not that uncommon for a dragon that eats a lot of greens.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
What is he eating? When Figment eats a lot of dubias, his poo would be more of a "mound" than a "log" and I was told this was perfectly fine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Check basking temps------ w/ a digital probe thermometer and the UVB --- should be a long fixture NO coils
Karrie

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
fcooper":7u12dise said:
If they eat a lot of greens that can happen as well. If you're worried you can have a fecal test done but it's not that uncommon for a dragon that eats a lot of greens.

Silkworms too, apparently, if you either feed a bunch or feed jumbos. I notice Ardie always has a (very wet) mound instead of a neat log if I give him lots of silkworms (or 2-3 super huge ones). :lol:

I guess basically, what are you feeding him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom