Picky dragon all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Hi guys

So I have fed Gobi mainly Phoenix worms since I’ve had him, which is about 2 months. He’s had treat worms also. He does eat about 4 bites of salad a day. I introduced him to Dubias last week and oh man he LOVES them. He now will only eat about 5 worms in the morning, he used to eat like 15. I think he’s waiting for his noon feeding of roaches. I’ve been feeding him his salad and worms in the morning, a noon feeding of roaches and a late afternoon feeding of roaches. Should I continue with the Phoenix worms or just
Phase them out since it seems he no longer cares for them? Are roaches a good staple? Any advice would be helpful. This is my first dragon. I’m guessing he’s 3 months old or so.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dubias are a wonderful staple feeder --- keep offering the BSFL (phoenix worms) I had mine on both and eventually he quit eating them as well --- I used them for lures to the salad bowl -- I would look at adding some some super worms ( medium) to his salads to keep him coming to the bowl - maybe some silk worms and butter worms-- you still want him eating those salads and not just dubias --
Karrie

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
I know my beardie gets really tired of the same bug if I feed him that too many times alone, so it's possible yours is also just bored of the same food. Incidentally, Ardie is also mainly given phoenix worms as primary staple and he was absolutely sick of them until molting time when for some reason he got an appetite spike. :lol:

Most people have 3-4 staple feeders, from what I understand, so I agree that you should keep the phoenix worms and just add other bugs. I'm using silkworms and dubias as Ardie's other staples and feed him a bit of each throughout the day in addition to phoenix worms.

Funny enough, Ardie is such a stickler about variety he even has times of day he prefers VEGGIES over bugs (usually afternoon). So try messing around with combos and see what your boy likes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom