Light pink urate?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilred6

Hi all. I just came home and noticed panini has a very dark beard and a big pile of poo in her tank. I don’t feed her anything that would directly cause this coloration in her urate so I am quite concerned.The poop smells a bit like vomit and There is also a very slight touch of red in the poop. I am so worried it can be parasites. I fed her about 15 Dubia roaches today and I was about to feed her her second feeding until I saw this. Will someone please help.
(She has a reptisun t5HO 10.0 UVB and her temp on her basking side typically Kept at 96..)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Is anything in the diet changed? Including the diet of your bugs?

What does your supplement schedule look like?

-Brandon

lilred6

Original Poster
Claudiusx":soc3448h said:
Hi there,

Is anything in the diet changed? Including the diet of your bugs?

What does your supplement schedule look like?

-Brandon

No not much has changed,, she gets about 30 dubias a day as usual. I dust with calcium about 3 times a week. The only thing that has changed is that she now gets fed watercress instead of mustard greens. Could that be what it is? I fill her bowl up with it maybe I’m giving her too much.

lilred6

Original Poster
Hi I guess this post isn’t getting as much attention as it usually would on this site but I’m just following up,,, panini had a pinkish/off white urate again today. Not trying to be gross but I’m gonna post a picture just so y’all get an idea as to what I’m talking about and maybe someone could help. Exotic vets are super duper expensive in my area but if anyone thinks I should bring her to the vet then I will. She’s been eating normal, no stress marks, out and about and basking, etc. So I’m really confused and just looking for some answers.
Thanks!
Sarah
108939-6805077847.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Well just to be more thorough, can you list every item she eats in her salad?
And what food items you are giving to the dubias?

Is her poo normally well formed, it looks a little bit loose in that picture. how is the smell? I know it's poo, it's gonna smell, but doesn't it smell God-awfully bad. Like, clear out the room bad?

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The urates don't look too bad but are a little gray. Are they hard or soft right now?
What kind of supplementation are you giving her, plain calcium or calcium with D3?

Tracie

lilred6

Original Poster
Claudiusx":2l1h5ob1 said:
Hi there,

Well just to be more thorough, can you list every item she eats in her salad?
And what food items you are giving to the dubias?

Is her poo normally well formed, it looks a little bit loose in that picture. how is the smell? I know it's poo, it's gonna smell, but doesn't it smell God-awfully bad. Like, clear out the room bad?

-Brandon

Hi!!
it had a bit of a subtle vomit-like smell.. but not bad enough to clear the room or make me gag (her normal poo smells worse)
The dubias are fed orange cricket cubes and her salads are a bit basic rn as im trying to find new things to put on them bc someone said somewhere butternut squash is like a laxative or something like that.
I just recently started giving her escarole again and im gonna introduce her to dandelion greens tomorrow I might just cut them up together.. thats about it though. And yeah her poo is typically more well formed this was definitely quite loose.

lilred6

Original Poster
Drache613":3palx908 said:
Hello,

The urates don't look too bad but are a little gray. Are they hard or soft right now?
What kind of supplementation are you giving her, plain calcium or calcium with D3?

Tracie

hello!!
she didn't poo yesterday and my mom was taking care of her Saturday so I don't have much of an update but It was weird the grey looking urate was quite soft but the whiter/pink looking one was like in the middle kinda firm but like soft-ish from what I remember. Also I give her calcium with D3.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
The pink urates can be from diet or it can also be due to dehydration. Make sure you are giving regular soaks to prevent dehydration. If they continue, you may need to see a Herp Vet to rule out a parasite issue.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there. Ok, this is why I always ask what you are feeding your insects.

I almost guarantee you its from the orange cricket cubes. 9 times out of 10 when we see urates like this not caused by anything else, we find out the insects have been eating the orange cubes. If you stop feeding the cubes the issue should go away.

Do a quick search on this site if you don't want to take my word for it. We've seen it hundreds of times throughout the years :)

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it and I'd switch to a different food source for the dubias.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom