Relocation Stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

izanagi

hello,

i apologize to all if you’ve seen so many of my posts lately. unfortunately, the baby bearded dragon i got passed away within 4 days. he had pre-existing conditions before i got him that no one was aware of.
i wasnt planning on getting another one but it just happened and it was an instant connection. so now here i am, with a 3 year old male bearded dragon. i got him on friday and have been taking care of him since. my setup is the same, as follows:
uvb: 10.0 22 inch reptisun
basking: 150 watt
tank size: 36x18x18

i tried a 100 watt but the 100 watt gave off little to no heat (only reaching about 95-98) so i switched back to the 150. what im wondering is it normal for my beardie to remain on the cool side? i just brought him home and he really only basks when needed. he eats, runs around, i hold him and his stress marks go away but they grow very very dark when hes in the tank, and his stool is normal. again, i apologize if i seem very paranoid and have been stressing a lot about this. i just want to know what im doing is right.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps and UVB is the most important thing in that tank -- how are you taking the basking temps? NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- the UVB where is it ? Top of screen or inside the tank
Karrie

izanagi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3b6qvi6r said:
Basking temps and UVB is the most important thing in that tank -- how are you taking the basking temps? NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- the UVB where is it ? Top of screen or inside the tank
Karrie

thermometer gun. uvb is in the tank, now w the 150 watt it gets to abt 95-107.

update: i got a decoration for the basking spot and i measured the temperature of which it got- 120! heck no! im sticking to 100 watt for good. 150 is too much

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok is the distance for UVB 12-15 inches-- basking temps are good-- the stress marks are they all the time? The darker color usually is them trying to absorb heat-- can you post pics of him please
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom