DIY Bioactive Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you with knowledge about this, how do you create a safe soil substrate mix? I wanted to try out the Bio Dude's kit but its just way too expensive for me. If there are any cheaper trustworthy kits let me know please! Also, what plants are safe for beardies that you recommend putting in there?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did you figure out your own mix or change your mind?

I have no experience with bioactive but a few others here do.

-Brandon

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
I haven't found much on the substrate but now I am kind of doubting this decision.. Do you know any big pros or cons about these types of enclosures?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Impawsiblesquad":2bkp8e30 said:
I haven't found much on the substrate but now I am kind of doubting this decision.. Do you know any big pros or cons about these types of enclosures?
I have a few threads here about the best mixes and cheapest for arid bioactive mixes and what you can use and is most effective in dry vivariums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom