Bearded dragon foot turning dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
Got the T5 5.0 UVB is this a safe distance? From where the measuring tape is is 12 inches and the paper says distance from lamp to animal 12-24 inches. Is this setup good? Also turns out the feet just had corrupted shedding as well as the toe
109014-1250965321.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The 5.0 should be closer. More like 6-8'' from the main basking area. Switching to the 10.0 (or Arcadia 12%) will increase the optimal distance to around 12-14''.

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
Closer to the ground or closer to the basking light? I can go a little closer but I have the basking light hanging and it is a tight fit if I bring them closer.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You'll want the two lights to be as close as reasonable. The distances I mentioned are height. Between the UVB light and the main basking surface. They correspond to the UVB output power of each bulb.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly. You can definitely hang the basking fixture from an adjustable stand. That allows you to raise/lower it to adjust temperature. You could also hang the UVB fixture from a couple of wires attached to some kind of frame like a grow light stand. If you need more distance though, it might be easier to replace the 5.0 bulb with a stronger 10.0 bulb.

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
I might use the 10.0 I just have to go to the store and get it. With the way my tank is set up its so high I can barely even reach into there sometimes lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's the tough part about the tanks without front opening doors. In the long run it might be worth planning to build one of those or order one, but that really depends on how big of an issue it is for you.

StaTikNutS

Original Poster
I just bought the damn light for it to be 2 inches too big. I’m just going to take it back honestly the moneys not worth it. Too expensive just to get a bigger fixture to hold it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom