Why always a black beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so w/ that being said your dragon is not getting any uvb-- the fixture needs a reflector and it needs to be directly above him 6-8 inches-- I can post a website for reflectors in the morning-- how old is the UVB? If its 6 months or older it needs to be replaced
Karrie

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":7311rods said:
Ok so w/ that being said your dragon is not getting any uvb-- the fixture needs a reflector and it needs to be directly above him 6-8 inches-- I can post a website for reflectors in the morning-- how old is the UVB? If its 6 months or older it needs to be replaced
Karrie

I replace the bulbs every 5 months.
The uvb is 6” when he basks.
I look forward to seeing the reflector.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes -- I would get that ordered ASAP and get it moved directly above him --- he needs to be able to sit directly underneath it 6-8 inches --- the side position is not good as it can cause eye issues w/ the light shining directly in the eyes -- above positioning will be benefit better as the rays are directed downward toward him
Karrie

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":11o1kos3 said:
Your welcome keep us posted please
Karrie

Definitely.
I’ve had 4 healthy dragons without a reflector. While I did order the reflector and am grateful for the advise, I do wonder why the dragons prospered without a reflector.

You believe once he gets the correct amount of uvb from the reflector he will not have a black beard?
Thank you

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
When he sees worms and knows he will get fed, his head shakes. Maybe a sign of calcium deficiency due to low levels of uvb?
I do dust all his food with calcium.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
17987-6205632626.jpg

Is this correct.
I don’t know if it would mount inside his viv. This hood is meant for to go on top of a tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you want to get a new fixture or do you have this one you posted? None are made to go inside the tanks that I know of ? If you want to get that one you would not need to buy a reflector it has one in it
And I can post things on how to hang in the tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom